Sanlam – providing wealth planning and investment management to private clients globally. Founded in South Africa, the company has successfully expanded across the UK, Malaysia, India and the US employing circa.13,000 staff – all with widely varying cultures and work-place needs.
Working with Sanlam UK, we were commissioned by the HR team to collaborate on the planning and launch of a new performance framework dedicated to its UK workforce. The ultimate goal was to empower employees and People Managers to be their best and embed performance as part of their everyday (rather than dreading the annual exercise) by having the vision and support they need – encouraging meaningful conversations to help them succeed together as ‘One Sanlam’.
Plan of Action:
- Kick off content planning session. Recommending how the launch materials could be structured and aligned with employee’s & Manager’s information needs.
- Decided upon ‘My Performance’ as the headline title to maintain consistency with existing ‘My Sanlam’ initiatives. The emphasis on ‘My’ promotes ownership and call to action for employees/Managers to take responsibility for themselves. i.e. the more they put it in the more they get out.
- Copywriting in a friendly and motivating tone of voice to reassure the reader, i.e. ‘Without you we wouldn’t be who we are today and who we want to be tomorrow. Working towards “Building the Best” Sanlam’
- Design of an interactive performance go to guide, helping employees and Managers with each stage of the performance process from setting SMART objectives through to writing their PDP (personal development plan) and receiving ratings, rewards and recognition.
- A visual performance infographic formed the navigation system to each section with further use of the iconography throughout inner pages for continuity
- Interactive diagrams kept content light on the eye before hovering over desired headings to reveal more
- Top Tips featured as pull outs to emphasise quick wins and reinforce the desired simplicity of ‘conversations matter most’
- Prompts to learn more and download resources from the dedicated Intranet section.
- ‘My Performance’ headline and icon assets rolled out across training presentation materials, intranet and email communications.